Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Short and Sweet

The more I do these lessons, the more I realize I need to keep them short and to the point as much as possible. It can be difficult because sometimes there are so many things to cover to teach something completely. Plus as a teacher one can get carried away and talk too much (guilty as charged).

I guess in that case it's better to have two or three shorter vids to cover a topic rather than one longer one. I mentioned the browser crashing problem before, and that's a very compelling reason to keep the vids shorter. I don't know what the "time limit before crashing" is on our existing (due to be replaced) desktops, but I'm trying to keep them under 5 minutes each if possible.

Besides that issue, I think the students stay focused better if the video is shorter. I've also been putting the time of each video next to the link so they know how long it is before watching it.

No comments: